Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Not a review of a movie that Kelly has said that I can not see, but just what a strange day. For so many it is considered a bad day, but not for us, neccessarily. What is wierd is when you read on Wikipedia about the history of today, there seems to be a difference in how the superstition came to be. And I thought it was just a bad day because of some Templars getting killed in France because of some Pope. But when you read Wiki, it says it was King Phillip, and that story hasn't been in literature until recently. TO TOP IT OFF it doesn't even look like people have been scared of this Friday date until the last 100 years or so.

We have had a less than great week. Started it all with a stomach virus for both me and Kelly, which took us down for two days. Alexis got sent home early from school for being unruly with a substitute teacher, and the very next day she was fighting with two kids. From the phone call with the asst principal sounds like she won, that's my girl, shame on her for fighting. Hunter turned five on Tuesday and we took him to Toys R Us for gifts from Grandma and Papa, via Gift card. He bought a Star Wars Buddies set, that's my boy. The rest of the week as gone well enough.

Today though was best of all, I was on call with work, but didn't get called. And Bass Pro called and my rifle arrived. I finally got me a Cowboy style 92 lever action, and on Friday the Thirteenth, its gotta be an omen for something. And have you noticed how all the ammunition is being bought up everywhere. Shelves were empty at all the Wal-Marts and Bass Pro the last while. Theres a lot of underlying panic going on out. I am glad I bought early.
FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment