Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finished Masterpiece

Here's the finished product. I finally sat down and just finished it since beginning the idea last year. The first is a photo of the drawing that I did in high school and got a B on the project because it was unfinished.

I took photos of the Scruggs home at Cowpens Battlefield and then extrapolated the photos in my head to draw the angle I got. It became more of a project than I could finish and since Mom kept the original all these years, it bothered me when I saw it that I couldn't complete it. Now through the miracle of modern technology I have finished my masterpiece. The background is a field at Yorktown VA battleground.

History Note: the colonials first gained the momentum of the war at cowpens and followed through to the end and final victory at Yorktown, so i hid some symbolism in it by the selection of the subjects.

I also attempted to do it with color originally, but here's a draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment