Monday, December 26, 2011

So it's way past time to update the blog ;)

So I could give everyone a quick rundown of the last six months or so. I will also post some pictures as well.  Okay so July was definitely a crazy month.  Heath joined the youth for Youth Conference in DC the second weekend in July.  He also took the scouts to Scout Camp at the end of July.  Alexis also decided to test my skills as a mom and shaved her head bald with some old clippers we had put under the sink.  Not my finest moment.  May have scarred her for life.  Only time will tell.  I'm still working on that one.  However, now that it's December it has grown in some.  In August we had a nice Hurricane that came through and Hunter decided to stick his finger in a plastic water valve, which to our dismay could not come right back out.  So after two hours of screaming(Hunter this time, not me) I was finally able to cut it off of his finger using wire cutters.  Heath was of course at work(for all of the major things that happens).  Jacob is now walking/running, and babbling.  He says some words and makes some sounds that sound like phrases. He is laid back most of the time, but definitely lets me know if he is happy or not. He has lots of personality and cracks me up all the time.  I feel a little more relaxed with him.  I volunteered for the PTA board this year and am not sure I will ever do it again.  What started out as a simple job, somehow ended in being PTA president. Hunter is in 2nd grade at B.M. Williams Primary.   Alexis is in 5th grade at Cedar Rd. Elementary in the Autistic Children's Program in SECEP.  Both kids are doing well in school this year.  Heath has been released from scouts and is now the Gospel Principals teacher.  I told him it was to keep him out of trouble.  Alexis celebrated her 11th birthday this year.  Heath and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary.  We were able to see Laurel(Heath's sister)and Nick and their children be sealed in the Washington DC temple.  It was an awesome experience!  I took on the project of sprucing up the living room and some of the outside.  It still isn't completed but I've gotten a good start.  After the living room is done I will be working on Alexis' room.  And probably the MB bath.  I have found a new website that I LOVE!  It's called Pinterest and I have lots of fun recipes and crafts that I am making.  In November our furnace died.  UGH!  It was fixed last week!  Luckily for us we have had a rather mild winter thus far.  Jacob has loved playing with the lights and bulbs on the tree. We had a visit from Papa Frank and Sabrina two weeks ago and the kids were super excited to open their presents!  Thanks for coming guys it made their weekend, mine too but they were so excited that someone was coming to visit.  I will be posting pics. as well.  I'm really going to try to stay on top of it next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment